I feel a tiny bit bad that it’s been so long since I’ve put out a pattern. The last one was Chamfer in what, February? Now to be fair, the e version of The Knitter’s Curiosity Cabinet did go live in March, so it’s not like you’ve not got something to keep your needles busy. But still, I’m used to putting out an individual pattern every month or so, and the longer time frame is making me a bit twitchy. But never fear, it’s all in the service of a bigger project!
After seeing how much fun Knitter’s Curiosity Cabinet was, I decided to experiment with taking some of the things I’d usually do as individual patterns and combining them into a mini book. That’s what all the things you’ve seen around here since March or so will be used for. I think it will work well, but it does mean that the once a month timeline sort of falls by the wayside. Now I know waiting’s no fun, and I also know I find waiting easier if I know what’s going on in the background while I’m waiting. So I thought I’d let you know where things stood.
The photo shoot is this Sunday. As of this morning, all the projects for the mini book are done and blocked. I’ve even got proof! The only thing left to do is sew buttons one one piece (anyone taking bets on whether that will happen Sunday morning).
Down at the bottom there are the Ruction cowl and mitts in Malabrigo Arroyo. They’re reversible, and I’m totally smitten with them. Next up the stack is the Clamor hat in Briar Rose Wistful. It’s scrunchy and slouchy and looks unreasonably adorable on everyone. Peeking out from the middle is the Tumult cowl in Handmaiden Silk Twist. I think it might be my secret favorite, and I want the photoshoot over with so I can wear it. Next up are the Fracas hat and cuffs in Schaefer Yarn Company Nichole. My secret plan is to send them home with Lauren as a thank you for her help modeling. And on the top there are the Uproar cuffs in Plucky Knitter MCN Primo. These are knitting crack and you should never ever start making them as you won’t want to stop. You’ve been warned.
All the patterns are done, and testing is wrapping up. The pattern text is over with the tech editor, and I’m finalizing the other, non-pattern, text this week. The plan is to have the files to the printer in early June. That means the e version will likely be available in late July, and the paper version available a week or two later.
Alright, I feel better now. It’s still not quite as good as having a pattern ready to go for you. But hopefully it works to show that I’m not just lazing on the patio sipping lemonade!