So, we’re going to keep the preorder for Silk Road Socks short and sweet, but I wanted to spell out all the details in one place, just so everyone knows what to expect!
– Tuesday August 22nd, Noon Eastern Time: The preorder opens for folks on my mailing list. I’ll send an email out to the people on the list with a link to where they can buy the book. They’ll get the best price of the preorder ($3.00 off either the paper or the electronic version). And the first 500 people to order the paper book will get a little present in their packages. I expect these to go pretty quick, so being on the mailing list and checking your email at noon (Eastern Time) is your best shot at getting the goody (I’ll make it clear whether they’ve sold out so you’ll know before you buy if it’s still available).
– Wednesday August 23rd, Noon Eastern Time: The preorder will open to everyone else. The book will be on sale ($2.00 off the price of either the paper or the electronic version). There will be links to buy the paper version on this site, and to buy the electronic one on ravelry.
– Tuesday August 29 onward: The preorder sale ends, and the book will be start to be available in other places (like your LYS and amazon and other online shops).
That’s really all there is to it. If you want the very best price and the best chance to get the nifty little extra I’ve had made for the launch, be sure you’re on the mailing list, which you can do right here:
Oh, and just because I think someone might ask, a few preemptive answers to likely questions!
– Every paper copy of the book includes a unique download code that lets you put the book in your ravelry library for free. Just look inside the back cover and follow the instructions.
– The book costs $26.95 for the paper copy and $21.95 for the electronic copy. The preorder sale will reduce the price of either by $3.00 during the mailing list period and $2.00 during the rest of the preorder.
– Shipping is $3.95 to the US, $8.00 to Canada and Mexico, and $16.00 to the rest of the world. I hate how expensive international shipping is, and I totally recommend waiting until the book is available at your LYS or on amazon (I promise I don’t mind, it’s totally what I’d do).
– Preorders will ship out within one week of your order, and you’ll get a notification and tracking number when they do.
– More information about the book itself is available in the previous post.