So…ready for the next book? Silk Road Socks is coming out next week! I’ll go into all the details of the preorder later this week, but for now I wanted to answer any questions you might have about the book itself. Let’s see how many of them I can guess!
– What’s in the book? 15 sock patterns and 1 slipper pattern, each inspired by a different style of oriental rugs. There are lots of pictures on ravelry, but this will give you an idea of what the projects are like.
– What’s it look like? I love how many folks ask this. I’m totally one of those people who wants books to look right on my shelf. So, here’s how it looks all snuggled up with my other books.
– So I’ve heard this is the 2nd edition, how is it different from the 1st edition? Oh this bit is fun! So, the first edition was my very first book, and it was published by someone else. It came out years and years and years ago when knitting books were a bit different, and it’s been out of print since 2011. I always wanted to bring it back and do everything the way I like best…and now I have!
All 14 of the original patterns are here, each revised to fit my current style and with extra sizes added in (that includes sizing them all for both fingering weight yarn and dk/sport weight yarn, just in case you happen to like thicker socks). There are also 2 brand new patterns that were not in the original at all. And of course along the way I’ve upgraded all the fun bits (new photos, new charts, beautiful illustrations…all the things that help make a book lovely)!
And, for the first time ever, each paper copy of the book has a unique download code that will let you put an electronic copy of the book in your ravelry library. Just look inside the back cover and follow the directions. I know you guys have been asking for this, and this seemed like the perfect place to make it happen!
– Are they ready to go? Have you done this before? Yes on both counts! The books are here, as in physically here, sitting in my garage, ready to head your way. See?
And this will be the ninth book I’ve launched myself, so I totally know the drill! You can go scrolling through the archives if you want to see proof I’ve done this before.
– Anything fun for the preorder? Oh my yes…I’ve got something awesome to send to the first 500 people who order the paper version. The mailing list has the chance to order the book a day early (and I sort of expect it will sell out that first day), so if you want to have the best chance of getting the fun bits, make sure you’re on the list. I’ll go into all the preorder details later this week, but you can get on the mailing list here if you want to be sure you hear first thing when it goes live!